Monday, February 16, 2009

Dear St. Valentine






My hubby and son each brought home a bouquet of lovely flowers this weekend. Today, with the sun shining on their yellow petals, I am almost ready to believe spring is indeed in the future. As I sit in my front room typing, I am looking out the window enjoying the birds flitting through the bare birch branches. Oh, I do hope this weather holds.
Have I told you how much I love my library? Or any library? They are places of magic and endless possibility. But here is the catch: I am greedy. How does one choose? This afternoon I found myself grabbing far too many titles off the shelf fearful that if not taken at that moment, they would never be found again. Silly girl. So I pulled up my big girl pants, and put back over half my stack.
If you were lucky enough to have this President's Day off, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

1 comment:

knitica said...

I'm starting to do the same thing with audio books. There are at least a half dozen loaded onto my Zen waiting for me to find time to listen to them.