Saturday, January 09, 2010

Thanks...

As each new year begins many of us reflect upon the months just passed. For me, it was just 'another year' and so I had not been considering writing of the events of 2009.

So what changed? What I was hearing. For the last nine days almost every person stated they were grateful this year was over and that 2010 could "not be any worse" than this past year.

Seriously? Each person that said this to me had gotten through the recession with their job or pension plan intact. Each one was healthy. Indeed they had their ups and downs, but 99% of these ended with satisfactory outcomes. Maybe not what they had hoped, but still...

So as I reflect on 2009 I am thankful; I would gladly live this one over. If you know me, you have suffered through my bitching and moaning, but my problems are not out of the ordinary.

So 2009, I thank you. My children are healthy, each one working their way to adulthood on their terms. My husband provides us the means to live better than most I know. My parents may still be able to push my buttons, but they are here to do it. I have a brother and sister-in-law who are the best friends a person could ever hope to have and two others that would rush to my side in an instant. I have my tea group, book club, knitting circle and my team at work. I spent my 50th birthday in Europe.

2010, I look forward to more of the same.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

My year was good.