Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back on the Merry Go Round!


I don't mean to sound negative, but I am a bit fearful of what this school year will bring. Why? On the third day I was told that, " XYZ says you're fat," and "Snicklefritz. My name is SNIIIIIIIIICLLLLLLLLEFRIIIIIITZZZZZZ." Yep.
It is also my middle child's senior year of high school and she is dreaming large, very large. The mailbox has been crammed full of flyers and brochures from every college large and small, known and unknown on the eastern seaboard. The choices she is faced with are overwhelming.
My high school classmates and I never seemed to feel we had so many choices. We all applied to either two or three schools, we all picked a major without any fear of making a bad decision. Drama. English. Science. None of us changed majors. Were we naive? Were we more mature? Did we just listen to our parents more? And yet as I now reconnect with people on FaceBook, I see that many of my classmates had very successful careers - for many, better than they ever hoped when they left our small town and headed off to uni.
So wish my daughter luck! Pray that she limits her choices, works hard, and has a little blind faith that all will work out as it should.

No comments: