Monday, November 12, 2007

Having Fun, eh?

Have you noticed that little "eh?" at the end of questions is slowly disappearing when you head north of the border? Do you think it has something to do with the fact that their dollar is now tromping ours?
Yesterday was so fun!
First we met at ME's house to get treat #1. And because I was driving, I could not figure out how to pin it on, and never seemed to remember when I stopped. If you check out ME's tutorial on the poppy, you will realize I will be a tradition breaker. I plan on pinning it to my dark gray wool flannel coat. It shall be a lovely addition.

Next, drive the car:) First stop: Whole Foods. As this was my first visit, you know I was like a wonderstruck child looking from one case to another. It was the first time in my life when I actually thought the meat case even looked good!

Next...a place I have been trying to get family to visit each time we go to Toronto. The indigo exhibit at the Textile Museum of Canada was wonderful. Dye is one area where science and art truly meet.
Have you ever had a sticky rice ball? Well, eating them fresh from the bakery shelf was not the experience I thought it would be. But picking through every shelf of every (ok, not every, but after two of them...you get the idea) one maybe nothing tastes as it should. China Town is fun. It has a bustle all its own. And the smells from the outdoor stands are nothing like a trip to your local grocery store!

The last stop of the day was Little India on the east end of the city. Yesterday was the last night of Dwali. We so wished we had our camera! On of the store windows was ful of red saris that were stunning! My nose was in heaven between the spices and incense. And would you believe it did not start to rain until we hit downtown area on our way home.

All in all - a great success! Good friends, a few laughs, and one or two secrets :) What more can a girl ask for?

No comments: