Saturday, December 01, 2007

23 Days and Counting or Still Not Time to Panic

Where is this guy when I need him? Each and every year this slacker of a man forces me to do his dirty work. And he gets all the credit. Typical man. The eternal optimist in me keeps thinking, "This year will be different." So I wait. And wait. And wait. Then I PANIC.

Let it never be said you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. I am making a public announcement that I began my Christmas shopping more than two weeks prior to the actual event. I mean real presents. The big ones that family members actually requested. And despite the fact that today is a Saturday, I found parking spots close to the door. That all my sought after items were in stock AND found for me by nice, not yet stressed out sales people. Huh. Do you think it's like this every year?

Now, I am by no means finished. But after having lunch with my brother and wonderful wife (yes, I even went out for lunch:), we knocked off all our ideas for the rest of the family.

You know, I may even enjoy Christmas this year. But don't tell Smarty Mags ;)

No comments: