Sunday, April 19, 2009

Off the Needles

Aren't they cute? I just finished Owls (rav link)last night. This was a fast knit of 6 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky, colorway Avocado. I purchased the yarn at the GVHG spin in for February. At $5.00 a skein, I think that I got my money's worth. I only wish I enjoyed the fit as much. Notice this is a familiar theme in my sweater knitting. The pattern called for some serious back shaping that I did not like the look of. I was afraid that it would be too snug, and again, that was a mistake. Each and every piece I make is always a smidge too large. When, oh when, will I embrace the concept of negative ease? I still may go back and tink with the neck, it is a bit loose around the neck. Or, then again, a two minute trip to the dryer may fix everything.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

I have improved the fit of icelandic sweaters by using an Elizabeth Zimmerman phoney seam under the arms and a few short rows just below the back neck ribbing.