Monday, July 12, 2010

Paris, Le Musee du Louvre et Le Chateau Versailles

Our first full day in Paris was spent on a three hour bus tour of the city. After a great lunch: the obligatory croque monsier, we took the train to Versailles. Once we hit the gates our group split apart. Pam and I zipped through with the help of an audio guide. And I must there was a significant difference in the number of tourists this year - I could actually spend as much time as I wanted in a room without being rushed! But the gardens were really at the top of our list.
After spending an extra 8 euro, we had close to three hours to spend looking at the fountains, walk through the maze, and make it to the lake! That seriously made up for the horrid subway and the dinner we were about to eat...
The following day five of us went to le Musee d'Orsay while the bulk of the group went to l'Louvre. I cannot even begin to say what I enjoyed more - the building or the art work. And the art deco was truly inspirational.

No comments: