Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Marathon Continues



Finally!  This 1/2 fleece was purchased, to the best of my recollection at the Genesee Fiber Festival in Hemlock, NY about four years ago.  It sat for an entire year in the bag lost in the garage, the following summer it was washed, it took two years to flick each lock by hand before spinning.  And as I type, the final skein of 1344 yards is now drying.  I won't admit to being in love with the final product; I am really not a very good spinner.  The fleece had inconsistent staple lengths that made it a poor candidate for carding and I have found that some skeins are much nicer than others depending on the section of the fleece from which they came.  There was also a significant amount of color variation - I am still trying to decide if I should dye this a deep wine before knitting up.  I actually have plans for this beast, let me only hope that it knits at the gauge I have in mind.

The little project below is my sister's Christmas present.  The English Paper Piece hexis have been in the work basket for about two years.  I really was just playing for the sake of practice, but some digging on Pinterest inspired me to get them out again.  She is planning on doing her kitchen in a black & white theme with yellow accents and I thought this would be just the ticket for her tiny table after finishing with a yellow backing.

1 comment:

Countryside Reflections said...

I never heard of English Paper. What will these cute little pieces become?

Doreen