Monday, September 05, 2005

I Am Thankful

Tomorrow I go back to work. Summer is over. Traditionally, this is an evening that makes me a bit sad. Instead I have decided to be thankful for the fact that
  1. I have a home.
  2. I have food and water.
  3. I can account for all my family members.
  4. I actually have a car, regardless of the cost to run it.

Let me never forget my problems are really meaningless in the grand scheme of things.


Thursday evening was the first Knitting Guild meeting of the year. We have a great program coordinator (yes, you Bonnie!). We are truly blessed with some great knitters in the Buffalo area. Each year the guild sponsors two weekend workshops. This year our own, Heather...this is her latest, most popular pattern. She also has a pattern in the Ponchos (Vogue on the Go Knitting Series). Heather will be teaching shadow knitting, in addition to double knitting, in October.

But the one that really has me is excited is our April weekend. Annie Modesitt is coming! Just open any issue of anything and you are sure to see a pattern...and they are always so clever!

And another exciting thing to look forward to...the Buffalo area is having its very own fiber festival. October 1st at Knox Farm will be the place to be! My spinning wheel is jumping up and down with glee.

No comments: