Sunday, August 28, 2005

In the Bag


Hey, even the teacher needs a new backpack for school! I just love this. I felted it last week as I told you, and spent the afternoon sewing on all the straps while making my chili sauce. The pattern is from Interweave Knits; the yarn was from the "ugly" pile from the annual guild yarn auction. I just need to make a trip to the fabric store for the D-rings. The pattern called for an inside and outside pocket, but I really did not want either.

I have a royal blue Lamb's Pride bag that I would like to embellish with some funky dry felted design.

We had another great weekend in Chautauqua. The kids finished their golf lessons for the season. E was thrilled; she had her best game ever. I never saw a kid so happy with scores of 15 on ONE hole. Little does DH know that she is only convincing me that Mark Twain was right: Golf is a good walk ruined. Sorry, but I would rather knit, spin, or read than spend four hours in the hot sun chasing a ball. Someone remind me that I said this if you find me playing in my post-retirement years. Truthfully, I have a real problem with the tons of fertilizers and water those prime pieces of real estate use.

We finished our weekend with a trip to Chautauqua Gorge - one of our most favorite places! Thank goodness the kids still love running up and down the creekbed looking for crayfish and salamanders! Lazy mom just dips her toes in the COLD water and reads her book in between laughing at the kids and the dog. Someone make them stop growing up so fast!

And a bizarre thing...someone came to my site through a Yahoo search looking for "homocide pictures". Heck, I know I am not a Master knitter, but what the geez Louise!

As I am typing this, I can hear the Weather Channel covering the hurricane in New Orleans. Those poor people.



No comments: