Monday, January 16, 2006

Lost in Blog Land

Has it really been over one month since my last post? Truth to tell, I have not had much interest in reading blogs, let alone making entries on my own. To ease myself back in the swing of things, I will start with the movie reviews.

Movies? The Green Eyed Knitter does not go to the movies, does she? Yes, and for some odd reason now feels compelled to see them twice within the same week.




The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was absolutely magical! Perfectly cast, these children were able to move from WWII England to the fantasy of Narnia in a very convincing manner! However, I must admit something about Aslan's eyes were not quite right. The first viewing was with 110 students; I had to go a second time to enjoy it without interruptions.



Memoirs of a Geisha was next on the list. Now, admittedly it has been a few years since I have read the book. And, my memory is not what it used to be. But did the Americans really come? Was she really asked to entertain the American military in order to gain contracts for her old friends? And are they sure that she and the Chairman formed an "alliance". But wow! the costuming and set designs were wild! Well worth the price of the ticket.



Now, my favorite. If you have not seen Brokeback Mountain, go. Go now. It is a love story that breaks your heart. The scenery begs a large screen viewing. The mountains, the vastness and isolation of the ranches. And my favorite line: "I wish I knew how to quit you." My SIL, my friend's 17 year old gay son, and I could not get it out of our heads.

No comments: