Monday, February 15, 2010

Are You Kidding Me?


Or...this is where the madness begins. The youngest member of our team at work is having his first baby and we are having a bit of a couple's party this weekend to celebrate. One of the younger girls in the know sends me to this big box store to purchase the latest and greatest of baby monitoring tools and a "man bag". No problem. I thought.
Now the daddy-to-be is a bit like me, a person of simple tastes and needs. We really don't appreciate all the bells and whistles; we like form and function and all that stuff. Two minutes in the big box and I felt the full extent of his fear. Seriously moms, how many types of baby monitoring devices do you need? Audio, video and breathing? A stroller for your car, the park and Grandma's? A diaper bag for mom, dad and the care-giver? I think you can see where I am going with this.
As long as you believe that baby needs everything, they will live their lives as such. Do your child a favor and raise them with simple wants and needs; maybe some of it will stick after they make it to kindergarten!

No comments: