Saturday, May 02, 2009

Best of the Day














There is honestly nothing better than a day spent with your family and a good friend or two. Today was one of Buffalo's truly beautiful days! With the sun in our faces, Emma and my friend Sally hit the Elmwood Strip. We did a little shopping at Half and Half, Urban, Talking Leaves and a few other cute shops along the way. Walking down the street with so many smiling people just puts a spring in your step. In addition to boosting the economy we got to see a "Silent Peace Protest", and a really cool idea: Buffalo First Game Day Saturday!


I will be the first to admit I am map challenged, and the amount of time I spend in the city is minimal. But I am proud to say we were able to make it to Five Points Bakery to scout out Melissa and Kevin's new business. I am so impressed with their concept. They are making every possible attempt to purchase locally grown ingredients. You would think it would be an easy prospect considering the number of farms in Western New York, but Melissa and Kevin were saying that the search took them some time. If you head over, go early! By the time we made it over, the only items left were cookies and some awesome pizzas. We picked up a steak and dandelion with caramelized onions for our dinner. They will be baking bread three days a week, so you know where I will be on a Saturday morning in the near future!


Then it was off to lunch at Betty's. Have I ever told you how much I love rice and beans? My taste buds were in heaven. This was my first visit, but not my last. You will find me in the very near future working my way through the menu.
Now time to take the poor old dog for a walk before the sun goes down.

No comments: