Thursday, May 21, 2009

My View on the World















I love my birch tree. The October storm nearly made it history, but luck was on our side. The birch has spread across my front room window, its leaves pick up every wisp of wind that blows across the yard.
And this is what you will find under the birch tree. Nineteen years ago I started with five Lilly of the Valley plants. They have become so prolific they are threatening to choke out everything else in the garden, but I cannot make myself dig them up - the smell is so intoxicating.
So if you are in my neighborhood, come on over...they are free for the taking.

Tomorrow is a 'free day'. The kids have school, but I do not:) Color me happy. I hope the dog is as excited as I am to get things ticked off the 'to do' list; he gets to go to the vet. Me? A day of hedonistic delights: pedicure, hair and tea group. Ok, tea group is really not hedonistic. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get those girls to add a little something with a bit of punch.
Enjoy your weekend.


No comments: