Monday, April 11, 2005

Monday Musings

Sun. We have sun. Sun for 3 consecutive days! Living in Western New York makes this a BIG deal. Sunday was so glorious. Everyone was outside; I saw neighbors I have not seen in months throwing long forgotten baseballs to kids who seem to have grown to twice their size over the last 4 months.

DH and K were "sleeping off" the first official Boy Scout camp of the season. I got to clean the garage. Don't tell DH, but I really like doing it. I get a real sense of accomplishment from sucking up an entire shop vac full of winter grit and filling a few garbage bags.

I have a busy week coming up and hope that I will be able to squeeze in some knitting time. I already did my "hour" on my Manos afghan, but am itching to get in one more hour before bed. That yarn is absolutely addictive! I only hope that when my wheel arrives I can learn to make such yummy yarn. I had to make a trip to the LYS to pick up more. Now I remember why you buy enough yarn for a project the first time. She has not carried this yarn in a while so I was thrilled when I saw it offered again in her newletter. Problem: none of the colors are the same! Yikes! But I think I was able to pull in some new colors that will work with what I have.

I will make every attempt to post some pix later this week. With all this sun I may get some decent shots!

No comments: