Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bumps and Bruises

It has been a busy week at the Green Eyed Knitter's. Lots going on, but I can never seem to find the camera when the light is right. And with everyone home from school, I have to call dibs on the computer! Geez!

The most important report to make is on daughter, A. Back in 6th grade, she took a hard hit to the nose with a medicine ball. I remember the school nurse called me at work, but there were no major problems at the time. Her nose never bruised, bled, or became swollen. A few months later we began to notice a very subtle change in the shape of the tip of her nose. Now, entering her junior year of high school, it had shifted noticeably to the east! And the poor baby's left nostil was almost completely sealed shut. So today was the day! One fix of the deviated septum, a small shave off her "mother's nose" to balance out the straightened tip, and away we go. She is now propped up in bed with 6 pillows and full of antibiotics and darvocet. The twins are off to the lake with dad and the dog, and all is good with the world. Needless to say, I am very relieved that the surgery is over and all that is left is the healing.


On to spinning news. Boy do I wish I could find the camera! Some of you may remember the guild yarn auction. I finally dove into the mysterious bag of top. It holds three distinct colorways. Based on my limited experience with merino, I think we have more but blended with some unknown to me fibers. Slow and steady will win the race. I have started on the merino/mystery brown blend. It is rather neat...there is also a merino/mystery black blend (it looks like a reverse skunk) and some beautiful merino/mystery grey.

If my luck holds, there will be photos of all tomorrow.

No comments: