Monday, July 11, 2005

The House of Conspicuous Consumption

Do I feel selfish? Yes. Do I wish to change the things that are making me feel that it is currently, "All about me" week? Absolutely not! Last week I read my horoscope on someone's blog; Cancers are on the rise! Some random planet has changed its nasty alignment that has caused havoc for the crab for the last few years (?)! Geez, who knew? Maybe it is true. This month has been very nice so far.

I had a smooth end of school year, a great vacation, and an awesome birthday! DH gave me the iPod I had been coveting, dear brother and SIL gave me some sweet earrings and basket from 10,000 Villages, and then the best thing of all...



Yes, the best things do come from Canada! Isn't it beautiful? This wheel was well worth the almost 6 month wait. It spins like butter! If you subscribe to Spin Off check out last issue's article on the Lendrum shop. Can you see me jumping up and down for joy?!?



And this is what I was able to do. Not too bad for a first attempt after one lesson back in October, eh? Now what the heck do I do with it? I have about 2 oz. The woman I bought the wheel from suggested making a very open scarf on large needles. Ok, but I would not wear it. How about going through the stash and weaving in some of the subtler novelty yarns? Hmm....

Knitting progress has been made on the Lorna's Laces socks for daughter, E.




But do you see what I see? The darn stripes are NOT the same. Why? Because the dye job is not the same. Shouldn't these hand dyed self striping yarns come with some kind of warning label? Arghh...



No comments: